Published on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Procurement of Recycled-Content Products: Stimulating Recycling Markets and Creating Demand
A US Environmental Protection Agency Webinar - Sustainable Materials Management Web Academy Webinar
June 10, 2020 -- 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Eastern time
This webinar will highlight the role of procurement in stimulating recycling markets, explain the government’s “buy-recycled” program and help facilitate public review of the program. The Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines (CPGs) are the government’s buy-recycled program that seeks to harness the federal purchasing power, which stimulates the demand for recycled-content products. By 2007, EPA designated 61 items for federal procurement and issued procurement recommendations concerning these items. EPA is now seeking comment on its list of designated items and procurement recommendations.
- Steve Alexander, President and CEO, Plastic Recyclers - The Voice of Plastic Recyclers
- Judy Sheahan, Assistant Executive Director, The US Conference of Mayors
- Cheryl Coleman, Director, The Resource Conservation and Sustainability Division at EPA
- Ron Vance, Chief of the Resource Conservation Branch of Resource Conservation and Recovery at EPA
- Ksenija Janjic, Environmental Protection Specialist, Resource Conservation and Recovery, at the EPA
Register for the webinar to learn how procurement helps strengthen the United States’ recycling system, how CPGs benefit communities and businesses, and how to provide comment on CPGs.
Number of views (50)